Aizawl, April 10: Two days after the tragic death of a father and his two sons following the consumption of wild mushroom, a mother on Sunday joined her family in death.
A 34 year old Ramdinmawii, who has been shifted from Mamit to Aizawl on last Friday died on Sunday around 10:30 in the morning.
As reported earlier, a 35 year old man Saikhuma, his wife and four children including a guest were admitted to Mamit hospital on Tuesday evening after consuming a wild mushroom which they picked from forest.
Biakrinawma (10) died in Mamit district hospital on Thursday night followed by his brother Malsawmtluanga (8) d on Friday morning.
On finding their condition as becoming from bad to worse, the other victims were flown to Aizawl Civil hospital on Friday and the head of the family Saikhuma unfortunately breathed his last on the way to the hospital.
The other family members including a 3 year old girl and a guest were then admitted to Aizawl Civil Hospital on Friday but unfortunately the mother died on Sunday although she was given the best medical treatment available in the state, hospital authority said.
Their eldest son Saihmingthanga (12) is reported to be still critical, while their daughter Miriami and guest Hriata were reportedly out or critical.
Saikhuma reportedly collected wild mushroom from the jungle and they ate it in dinner after which the family and a guest began suffering from stomach pain and loose motion, police said.