Aizawl, April 8: Three people including the head of a family died and a mother and two other members of a five member family in Mizoram’s Mamit town were admitted to a hospital after consuming wild mushroom, police said on Friday. The family comprising of a man, his wife and four children including their guest were admitted to Mamit hospital on Tuesday evening after consuming a wild mushroom which the head of the family Saikhuma (35) and their guest identified as VL Hriata from Tuikual locality in Aizawl picked from forest.
The wild mushroom was consumed on Monday evening following which the whole family members belonged to Mamit Bazar veng vomited severely and were admitted to Mamit hospital on Tuesday evening.
According to Mamit YMA leaders, a 10 year old son Biakrinawma died at the hospital on Tuesday evening after becoming unconscious for several hours followed by the death of his 8 year old younger brother Malsawmtluanga in the early morning of Friday.
The other victims were flown to Aizawl Civil hospital by a helicopter on Friday and the head of the family Saikhuma unfortunately died on the way.
The mother identified as Ramdinmawii (34), the eldest son Saihmingthanga and youngest daughter Miriami (3) and their guest Hriata (20) were admitted to Aizawl hospital where doctors reported their condition as critical.
Aizawl Civil Hospital authority told this paper that a 12 year old Saihmingthanga was admitted at ICU on Friday evening.